AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up a new tv to my htpc, rebooted screen came up to the point of bringing up vista screen then the tv says no source. Never did this before with other monitors and tvs. Now I can't get any monitor to work, they all do the same thing. I booted up in safe mode, got a picture, so restarted normally and same thing, I see normal start up stuff till the vista screen is going to come up and then monitor says no signal. Thanks for your help..............

·
Registered
67 Posts
sounds like you're trying to display an unsupported resolution. Hook the PC back up to a normal pc monitor or something else, boot all the way into vista, and lower the resolution, then try again.

What's your TV?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tv was a vizio 42 xvt. I tried hooking up original monitor but I get the same problem. I am working in safe mode. In safe mode I can't get to nividia settings. I have a 8800GT card if that helps?. I can't get all the way to vista, as it comes up with a no signal error on the monitor............

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
In Safe mode you can change the display resolution in fact the changes you make to resoloutions while in safe mode are for normal mode so that the next time you boot in normal mode they will be applied.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.