AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am using the onboard motherboard sound (realtek) via optical spdif to an older Denon amp that does not have DTS support.

I am using Windows 7 x64 with TMT v5

I just purchased the complete Battlestar Galactica Bluray set and I hear no sound. I can hear the menu button sounds in the bluray root menu crispy clean, but that's it. I have fiddled with every audio option inside TMT5 and nothing helps. I've read something about down sampling as my gear is a bit old but don't know how to do that.

I hope there is a Yoda out there that can help me figure this out!

Thanks Everyone!!

Mike

·
Registered
383 Posts
2 possible ways you can get sound. Either select the 2 channel track (assuming one exists besides the commentary) in the blu-ray menu or setup tmt5's audio output to 2 channel pcm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

A couple things. There are no other audio options in the blu-ray setup menus for lower quality sound.

I've also tried to lower the quality of the sound as suggested and I can hear the bluray menu button beeps but no other sounds. I've also reinstalled tmt5 and the same issue.

I'm really lost here.

Any other ideas?

Thanks to the both of you!

·
Registered
612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunif  /t/1526771/help-no-sound-from-bsg-bluray-over-spdif-w-tmt-v5#post_24595192

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

A couple things. There are no other audio options in the blu-ray setup menus for lower quality sound.

I've also tried to lower the quality of the sound as suggested and I can hear the bluray menu button beeps but no other sounds. I've also reinstalled tmt5 and the same issue.

I'm really lost here.

Any other ideas?

Thanks to the both of you!

I have the Blu-ray set so I'll download the TMT5 trial when I get home and see if I can reproduce your issue and come up with a fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Techmattr

Here is my config....fairly basic:

Windows 7 x64 SP1 (with TMT v5 .... uninstalled just now and am going to try demo of v6)

Gigabyte mobo z77x ud3h bios vf18

VIA High Definition Audio

3.2/4/5.1/7.1-channel

Using optical S/PDIF Out

Intel i5 model 3550

Silverstone HTPC LC20 case

graphics is an EVGA GTX 550 Ti Using HDMI for video. (all graphic board based audio is disabled)

Storage = Adaptect 6805 PCIe RAID Controller

1 x 1TB WD Black as boot OS

5 x 2TB Hitcahi in RAID6

LG internal DVD writer

LG internal Bluray ROM

Amp = Denon AVR 1507

Have 2.1 speakers with bass box

I have tried every setting is TMT v5 and all I can hear are the bluray menu button sounds..... WOW this is a galactic pain in the butt!!

btw....what do you use to rip your blurays?

THanks ever so much again for your help on this!!

Regads

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem Solved...!!

I tested the trial of TMT v6 and voila.....PCM works just fine. I downgraded back to v5 and same issue. So I purchaed v6 off the link here in the forums and problem is gone!!

Even tested other blurays and all is ok.

What is a bit odd is that it all worked fine when the sound was powered by a PCI 32 sound blaster x-fi card. Sound and options were great but the drivers kept causing an unrecoverable system halt about 45mins into a movie.......so I guessed it was the sound card and pitched it......purged the horrid drivers and no more total system hard lock ups.

Anyway....Im thrilled to have sound again for my blurays!

Thank you very much for your help and testing.

Kind Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts