Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/trying in HDTV Hardware/

Alrightly,

Received the AA Component to VGA adapter from Copper Box today. I told myself I wasn't going to believe it until I saw it on my doorstep. After all, the thing has been in development for god knows how long.

It comes with some nice composite cables and a very nice VGA breakout cable. I was suprised at how light the adapter was...almost like an empty box.

Now, the set I'm using it on is the RCA MM36100 direct view (if I had only waited a few months, damn!)

Has 1 component in (NTSC only) and 2 VGA. The player I'm using is the Panny RP56 in progressive mode.

The picture itself looks great (as great as a non-anamorphic 480p image can be). Why do this rather than the HTPC? Frankly, I was tired of the inconvenience that comes along with it. I used an HTPC (my primary PC) for 3 months and the improved image wasn't worth all the trouble.

So, my goal was to get the adapter, get into the RCA service menu and do the "squeeze".

PROBLEM #1: The damn adapter shifts the picture DOWN and LEFT. The limited picture size and position controls on this TV do not fix it. THere is a lot of video noise because of this and the picture is off center. Also, there is an annoying amount of a purple "haze" across the top of the picture. I'm not sure if this is do to the wacked out position of the image, interference, or what.

PROBLEM #2: I do not know how to manually adjust the picture size and position thru the service menu.

So unless I can get into the RCA service menu, I'll have to eat the restocking fee of the AA component to VGA and continue my quest for a way to get progressive component on the MM36100!

Sorry for the long post!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.