AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a pair of Ultimate 3DHeaven Ultra-Clear DLP Link compatible 3D Glasses which I purchased via Amazon.com. I am using a Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Integrated-Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player and a Mitsubishi WD-82738 82-Inch 3D DLP HDTV connected by an HDMI v1.4a high speed cable. Each device has the latest firmware available from the manufactureres. The TV is configured to use DLP link glasses and does not require an IR emitter. I have both devices set to Auto detect the 3D format and resolution. Each unit correctly detects those parameters and indicates that they are operating in Full HD 3D mode. However, I cannot get a coherent 3D image to be viewable with either of the two pair of your glasses. I have tried 3 different Full HD 3D movies and none results in a viewable 3D image. I have viewed 3D content in several showrooms and the theater, but I am unable to replicate anything even remotely close to that with this system. Can you provide any help? Are these players and TVs confirmed to be compatible with your glasses? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. My wife is giving me had hard time about this!

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
442 Posts
Strange, it sounds like you're doing everything right. My TV is a few years older, but I can't imagine they would be that much different. Vierra Cast gave my setup a mind of its own, so I shut it off and retook control. You might want to give it a shot. I also run mine in checkerboard on the 310 and it's pretty flawless. Might want to try that as well. Other than that, I have no clue.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82mchbird /forum/post/21345026

Hi,

I have a pair of Ultimate 3DHeaven Ultra-Clear DLP Link compatible 3D Glasses which I purchased via Amazon.com. I am using a Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Integrated-Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player and a Mitsubishi WD-82738 82-Inch 3D DLP HDTV connected by an HDMI v1.4a high speed cable. Each device has the latest firmware available from the manufactureres. The TV is configured to use DLP link glasses and does not require an IR emitter. I have both devices set to Auto detect the 3D format and resolution. Each unit correctly detects those parameters and indicates that they are operating in Full HD 3D mode. However, I cannot get a coherent 3D image to be viewable with either of the two pair of your glasses. I have tried 3 different Full HD 3D movies and none results in a viewable 3D image. I have viewed 3D content in several showrooms and the theater, but I am unable to replicate anything even remotely close to that with this system. Can you provide any help? Are these players and TVs confirmed to be compatible with your glasses? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. My wife is giving me had hard time about this!

Thanks,

Ron

What happens if you try to wear the glasses upside down? I ask this because you say the image is incoherent.. This reverses the images seen by your eyes and is equivalent to changing the mode.

·
Registered
133 Posts
stating obvious here:

(but the obvious tends to be overlooked when setting up a freaking huge kick a$$ home theatre system)

Are the glasses turned on? Do they have batteries? Are the batteries flipped over in the hole to prevent battery drain?

Best of luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey lurkor, mhetman & soberparty,

Thank you all for your input. Yes the glasses are on and the batteries are good. I check the voltage with my DMM. A crisp 3.06V. I can see a difference when the glasses are on, but its not right. I hadnt thought to change the L/R setting in the TV config or flip the glasses upside down. Ill give that a try too.

Anyone else have any ideas on what I can check or adjust?

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
What do you see on the TV? I'm not sure what you should see, but I imagine based on what I see without glasses on that it looks like a double fuzzy image with a slight tint (DLP link). When you turn on the glasses the lenses should visibly change to a darker tint. If you only look through one eye you should see a clear 2D image.

3D supported by your set
Quote:
-- Checkerboard format, 1080p, 60-Hz; (lower

resolutions may be supported but will not fill the

screen)

-- Side-by-Side format, 1080p, 24/30/60 Hz; 720p,

60 Hz

Make sure your blu-ray is outputting one of these formats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I adjusted the L/R setting on my TV from standard to reverse and that fixed the problem. Super clear, 3D image now. I didnt initially change that setting bc I was thinking it would just swap the image symetry. I now understand its really a lot more like polarization. Interesting that they would call it "L/R" rather than someting more meaningfull. If it has been labeled "polarization" I would have immediately realized that you cant have it cross-polarized and made the adjustment. Anyway, big thanks to mhetman for the tip. Blown fuse award for me!

thanks,

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts