AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cabinet is exactly 40.5 inches in size. The new G25 42 inch Panasonic plasma specs. indicate 40.6 inches. Can someone measure their Panasonic plasma and see how close it is to the manufactures specs in size. I am wanting to order this tv to replace my old Sony 34XBR960. I am hoping they are a little under the manufactures listed specs. if this makes any sense! Thanks for any and all help guys. Jon

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So can anyone measure the width of a 2009 Plasma model and post the actual width and the model number. THNAKS

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge /forum/post/18170220

My cabinet is exactly 40.5 inches in size. The new G25 42 inch Panasonic plasma specs. indicate 40.6 inches. Can someone measure their Panasonic plasma and see how close it is to the manufactures specs in size. I am wanting to order this tv to replace my old Sony 34XBR960. I am hoping they are a little under the manufactures listed specs. if this makes any sense!

So can anyone measure the width of a 2009 Plasma model and post the actual width and the model number.

Well obviously nobody has a G25 to measure since it's not available for sale yet. The width as stated in the owners manuals tends to be accurate so chances are that it will indeed be too wide.

You may want to think about using a router to cut some big grooves in your cabinet's side panels to gain the necessary clearance

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the router tip Randy, I brought it up to the wife and she made an interesting face. I am going for a move it to a bedroom and get a new tv stand. I really want the 42G25! I was going to look at the new Sony 40EX700 LCD at American tonight but held off wanting the Panny. Any one have any idea on release dates for the G25? Thanks Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts