AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm planning on adding some surround speakers to my HT setup this weekend. I have a panny SA-XR45 receiver with 2 infinity bookshelf speakers as my fronts and a DCM center speaker. Not the greatest stuff, but it works. Its for a small room (10'x 20'). The TV is against one wall and the couch is against the opposite wall. Since the room is so small its not really feasible to move the couch farther in. I'll be getting a sub later, probably a HSU since their office is not to far from me. This will be for playing DVD's and watching movies off direct tv.

My current plan is to get some cheap regular (monopole?) speakers and install them on the side walls, near the ceiling and next to the rear wall.

My question is would it be worth it to add an extra speaker on the back wall for 6.1? My receiver will handle 6.1. I know there isn't much out there recorded with 6.1, but my receiver does has DPL2 and NEO 6 so it should be able to use the back surrond from normal 5.1 sources right? The speaker would have to go directly over the couch since the couch can't move any farther forward.

Any ideas, advice?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.