AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some help. I have a couple of BIC PL-200 subs currently and these really don't seem like what I am looking for music wise (I also have upgraditis). I will be doing about 75% Music and about 25% Movies/TV. Music types specifically are a lot of Drum & Bass, Dubstep, and Metal. Budget is about $800 dollars, and adding a second sub of the same type shortly after. I have attached some pictures of my mancave. Thank you so much in advance for any advice you may have.

Yamaha RX-V867 Receiver

Adcom GF-545 100W AMP

Main Speakers are Polk Monitor 70's

Rears are Polk Monitor 40's

Center is a Polk CS2

18.5' Wide

12.5' Deep

7' Ceiling

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
578 Posts
Take a look at the epik empire. Although I believe it's closer to $900 shipped.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The FV12 will have more overall output than the F15 though I suspect the F15 would dig deeper and sound tighter according to Rythmik. The HSU VTF-3 Mk3 or 4 would be a great choice for both music and movies as well. You also have Epik, Outlaw and CHT. You have a lot of great choices at your price range.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I had been eyeing the Rythmik subs mostly due to their reputation of being incredible for music. Soooo many choices overall though. I've also been looking at the eD A5-350, I know there is an ED thread, anyone use these more for music that can chime in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.