AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to connect the 4 wire in-wall cable (red, black green and white) with the wall plate, but I found only 2 wires can ben connected to the wall plate. What do I do with the other 2 wires? Just leave them unused? If I should use only 2 wires, do I use the red and black wires?

The fact that the wall plate has 2 jacks (red and black) is in conformity with my AV receiver that has 2 jacks (red and black) for Zone2 and 2 jacks (red and black) for Zone3. So a 2 RCA Plug / 2 RCA Plug M/M cable would connect both.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR_Yang /forum/post/20868015

I am going to connect the 4 wire in-wall cable (red, black green and white) with the wall plate, but I found only 2 wires can ben connected to the wall plate. What do I do with the other 2 wires? Just leave them unused? If I should use only 2 wires, do I use the red and black wires?

The fact that the wall plate has 2 jacks (red and black) is in conformity with my AV receiver that has 2 jacks (red and black) for Zone2 and 2 jacks (red and black) for Zone3. So a 2 RCA Plug / 2 RCA Plug M/M cable would connect both.

Any advice would be appreciated.

What's the wire for and what are you connecting to it? Is it speaker wire? Assuming so, the 4 wires would be for a pair of speakers - 2 wires per speaker. If you're looking at a receiver with Zone 2/3 outputs at line level (RCA jacks), you'll need an amplifier before hooking up to speakers...

Jeff

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Uh? who? what? where?

OK, sounds like you are connecting 1 channel (2 wire per channel), then by all means leave the other 2 wires unused. How it got wired there with 4 wires only you know. If it's suppose to be stereo (2 wires per channel, 4 wire for stereo) then you have to ask yourself how come your plate has connectors for 1 channel only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.