AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me if I can use an extron 202+ to switch between a dish 6000 and a htpc.I recently purchased a nec6pg+ from Curt Palme(a man with some integrity I must say) and have been manually plugging and unplugging inputs.I also hope to be using the 202+ gain control to boast my hdtv picture as it`s a bit on the dim side.Input would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

That should work if the Dish unit outputs RGBHV; we have cables in stock, HD15 to 9 pin, for PCs and HD tuners so equipped, e.mail me if interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim, thats good news.I`ll have to find out if the cables come with it, but if not I will definitly keep you in mind.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
It WILL NOT work. Input one was for analog inputs, input two was for TTL inputs.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I believe only one VGA and one TTL are on the 202plus so I don't think you can do what you want. If I remember correctly, only the 202xi can do what you want.

Doug

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Oops, here comes the dissenter....

On the 202Plus, If I remember correctly, the plus gives you the ability to run 2 analog inputs, As opposed to the older standard 202 that only had one analog (ECL) and one TTL input. It also gave you higher bandwidth and some other features as well. Be sure to set your sync options to separate H & V, and also force negative going sync since those (highly annoying) 6000's put out positive sync. This irritates some PJ's.

PS: I am going from memory here so Dizzman could easily be correct...

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

My faded memory concurs with Mr. Newman; the labels on the unit should indicate if it is one or two analog inputs.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
The 202 Plus, which I am holding in my hands, has one analog ECL, and one TTL input. So, unfortunately it won't work :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! It`s a tie!I think however,I should look for the 202xi model, since it`s hard to argue with Jay`s reply.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Looks like we been trumped, Tim. Jay's actually standing there holding one...

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
No Mike, you haven't been trumped...you've been trounced...:D

Actually you're the one who told me that before I ever bought it...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Ok so I had another senior moment...rub it in, why don't you!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

When you reach the age of Newman and myself, the memory is the first thing to go..... I forget what happens after that.... :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Yea,

And lest y'all think we're a couple of old farts, what Tim's talking about is age of experience. See, we've forgotten more about CRT PJ's, Extron interfaces and other electronics in this biz than this whole forums even talked about since it was first created. We been doing this crap for decades (well, combined anyway...) :D:D:D Now, where did I put my vitamins?...

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Hey us young 'uns got to take our chances at jabbing you guys any time we can :)

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Mike, forget the vitamins...have another beer.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Well vitamins are theraputic. Beer seems to be pretty darn theraputic. So hell, aren't they really one and the same??!

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Since you guys were able to provide your awesome expertise in answering Frank's question would you take a crack at answering a question for me?

I've been needing an Extron interface box that will allow me to adjust the level of the signal I'm sending to my projectors. I was rummaging through my junk pile and found this Extron 105 .

It does have level adjustment and it has an HD15 input connector. But it's output is 4 BNC (r,g,b and sync). Question I have is why is there no fifth BNC connector for ground? And will my projectors (BG808s and/or Ampro 3600) work when connected to RGBS without G?

Thanks,

Bob Wood

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Bob, that unit is using composite sync...horizontal & vertical combined. It's not missing a ground connector, just a sync connector :)

As far as if it will work? This is where I have to get out of the way and let Mike & Tim in...I have no idea on an Ampro..but I would have to think it would take it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.