AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Runco IDP-900 PJ along with some extras I'm planning to sell. Since a couple of the pieces have been hard for me to find online, I'm wondering how much to ask for when I sell them. Here's a rundown on what I have with some more details on each.

The IDP-900 has 74xx hours on it and has a 4:3 burn on it (at least from what I can tell without having taken pics of the tubes). I've seen these with good tubes in the $900-1400 range. I'd assume that the PJ I have would need retubed, but I have no idea how much it might be worth with this in mind. Any ideas?

I also have the regular remote and service remote for this PJ. Should the service remote be sold with it or sell separate to maximize $? What's one of these go for these days?

I also have a Runco SC2050 scaler that looks to be ridiculously cheap online when it pops up. I'd imagine somewhere below $100 for this thing? Is that realistic?

I have the ceiling mount for the PJ, which I'd imagine fits NEC PJ's as well. Does anyone have any info as to what other PJ's this will fit (6PG? 9PG?)? Here are a couple of pics of it:
http://onelouds10.com/mount1.JPG
http://onelouds10.com/mount2.JPG

Any idea how much these might go for? I haven't found any online in my search the past couple of days.

Tthe last piece I have is a ~40ft Canare RGBHV cable. I'd have to uncoil it and break out my tapemeasure to find out exact length, but that should be a pretty good estimate. Any idea what this might go for?

For those that might respond telling me to search, I have searched here for past posts, videogon and ebay. However, I have come up with no real idea as to what this stuff might sell for. Any answers to any of my above questions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
At this point the remote and ceiling bracket are literally worth more than the set itself. At 7500 hours, you've gotten your money's worth out of it. I'd say $350-400 for everything, about 1/2 that for the bracket and remote. Yes, the processor isn't worth much at all, and the cable, well, maybe $50-75?

Curt

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
fwiw, the Runco doubler is worth more in trade in, on the new DVDO scalers - if something like that is in your future, that is far and away the best way to get rid of the 2050. I had mine posted for a month on Videogon for two bills, and the only bites I got were from overseas, including a "pastor from Ghana" who needed it "immediately for a church meeting this weekend." :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvee
fwiw, the Runco doubler is worth more in trade in, on the new DVDO scalers - if something like that is in your future, that is far and away the best way to get rid of the 2050. I had mine posted for a month on Videogon for two bills, and the only bites I got were from overseas, including a "pastor from Ghana" who needed it "immediately for a church meeting this weekend." :)
I looked on the DVDO site and didn't see anything about a trade-in credit for a 2050. http://www.dvdo.com/faq/faq_comp_upg.html

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
email them - it is one of those covered by the "if you don't see yours, contact us." at least, they shot me a price last month, when AVS had a sticky at the top of the Video Processors forum. would think the deal is still good - just drop them an email, and wait a day or so. you may be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvee
email them - it is one of those covered by the "if you don't see yours, contact us." at least, they shot me a price last month, when AVS had a sticky at the top of the Video Processors forum. would think the deal is still good - just drop them an email, and wait a day or so. you may be pleasantly surprised.
You might also email [email protected]

AVScience is a forum supporter and they offer some pretty good deals on DVDO (and other) equipment.

It's worth a shot.

Be sure to identify yourself as an AVSForum member.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.