AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved to the Seattle Washington area, Redmond WA to be exact.

I am looking for a recommended home theater installer to install my JVC D-ILA and panamorph (which hopefully should arrive and day now).

If you have anyone you can recommend it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
780 Posts
David: So very good to see you on the forum again. I will come and install your D-ILA and panamorph (just received mine last week) if you come to Canto, Ga (burb of Atlanta) and sort out my custom resolutions on my 'puter. It would be like old times.

------------------

J Thomas

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey guys, two names I recognize from the 400Q/PC/HDTV pioneering from 2 years ago. David, you have obviously moved on to a DILA. I'm currently considering the same move. How about you John?

------------------

Chip

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yes, Chip, from the Sony 400Q and the first application of the RCA DTC-100 for HDTV on the 400Q; met David and he drug me kicking and screaming into the HTPC world applied to the 400Q; then came the Sony 10HT for a short time which begat the JVC G11 D-ILA which has been my best investment for HT ever. I also have two HTPC's as well as two other business PC's in the home now (not too bad for a computer agnostic) and it is all David's fault. Cheers to all.

------------------

J Thomas

·
Registered
221 Posts
Curious how many of the 400Q fans have migrated to DILA's.

When I got the HTPC, the extron, and the DTC100 back then, I told my wife that all this stuff should keep me happy with the 400Q for another two years. Guess what, honey? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

David, sorry for the off-the-topic stuff.

------------------

Chip

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
David,

Have you not considered installing it yourself? It's not at all like a three gun. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

The panamorph is a snap too. Just follow the advice of those here by doing a search.

Chris

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses. In no particular order:

jcthomas: It is great to hear from you again, I will follow-up in e-mail. Seems forever since I was back in good old Dulles, VA.

mrbadog: It is still strange to see my name listed as a new member, given all the postings and help I got (and gave) around the Sony 400 and HT PCs. I just could not find my old account. It may have timed out during my silence after my move to Seattle. A friend of mine has my old Sony 400 (actually he has John's 400) and is making great use of it still. I moved to DILA because its picture was just too good to pass on. Given the rapid pace of change in the current AV market I am pleasantly surprised to find that in many ways DILA is still "king of the hill". I was always very pleased with mine.

cclay: I agree with your post. Setting up a DILA is not complicated. My old home theater was in a basement and I did the work myself, with a bunch of help from John Thomas. The main reason I am looking for help in my new home is time. The house I bought has a dedicated HT but it needs a new screen, mounting of the DILA on a 15' high ceiling, a hush box, new OTA antenna, replaced speakers and AV system, etc. My new job takes huge amounts of time and I wonder when I will have a chance to get to it. Have not done so in 9 months and I hate having my calibrated DILA in a box. I used the excuse of not having my Panamorph to put the job off, but that may (knock wood) end soon.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I'm sure that Definitive Audio could do it for you as they have a custom installation center. Since you didn't purchase the projector for them, they may want to charge more however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.