Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Mentioned in Thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know you guys get a bunch of these threads, but I'll keep it simple. I've searched through a bit but with a bunch of options in my price range I'm torn.

Budget: Max $150 with a little flexibility. Cheaper the better

Usage: Mainly movies with gaming. Probably close to a 50/50 split. Not much music at all

Limits: I currently live in a 1br apt. It's a pretty open area for the kitchen and living room area. I sit about 7-8ft from the tv, but the wall is further back behind the couch. I'd say maybe 12ft or so total.

Now I'll be considerate to my neighbors (not blasting movies late at night, etc), but I would like a little oomph to my current setup. It's just some spare stuff I picked up from friends. Sony speakers from some decent htib and an onkyo sr504 receiver.

Appearance: Must be black, as all black as possible.

I'm only looking to get something that will last me a year or two. I'm not sure what my plans are as far as living arrangements but obviously once I buy a house (eta unknown) I'd upgrade to something with more power.

No other real requirements from me other than liking to have one sooner rather than later.

Put up a poll with some of the ones I've been looking at.

All help/advice is much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallows /forum/post/18264290

So I know you guys get a bunch of these threads, but I'll keep it simple. I've searched through a bit but with a bunch of options in my price range I'm torn.

Budget: Max $150 with a little flexibility. Cheaper the better

Usage: Mainly movies with gaming. Probably close to a 50/50 split. Not much music at all

Limits: I currently live in a 1br apt. It's a pretty open area for the kitchen and living room area. I sit about 7-8ft from the tv, but the wall is further back behind the couch. I'd say maybe 12ft or so total.

Now I'll be considerate to my neighbors (not blasting movies late at night, etc), but I would like a little oomph to my current setup. It's just some spare stuff I picked up from friends. Sony speakers from some decent htib and an onkyo sr504 receiver.

Appearance: Must be black, as all black as possible.

I'm only looking to get something that will last me a year or two. I'm not sure what my plans are as far as living arrangements but obviously once I buy a house (eta unknown) I'd upgrade to something with more power.

No other real requirements from me other than liking to have one sooner rather than later.

Put up a poll with some of the ones I've been looking at.

All help/advice is much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Check NewEgg prices, they have a 10" Polk for around 100.00, and a 12" Polk for around 199.00.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts