AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build a system for both karaoke and music at home. My idea was to get a ONKYO 709 receiver and Polk RTI A9 but one of the local guy said that is not enough power and good for karaoke. He told me that I should get Dtech karaoke system. Any advice and suggestion here are appreciated.

Thanks

·
Banned
4,273 Posts
I love karaoke. Gotta go to bed Now but would like to continue tomorrow.

Gotta get a mixer for sure. Best thing for karaoke.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-MG82CX-Stereo-Digital-Effects/dp/B000Z7567A/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2

It has the Single-knob Compression feature. I set it at half-way or 50%. So even if people scream into the microphone, your speakers won't crackle-and-pop.

A must have for my house.

You connect the karaoke machine stereo output into the Yamaha mixer. Then connect the Mixer stereo output to your receiver.

Get some Behringer microphones or similar.

As far as the karaoke machine, I got mine some time ago. It has a hard drive and a SD card slot. It's just called "Hard Drive Karaoke System".
Kind of generic.

I've heard better systems. But the Yamaha mixer is the key.

·
Banned
4,273 Posts
At first I thought my Infinity P362 wasn't dynamic enough because I kept hearing the crackle sound. So I tried some pro cab speakers rated for 135dB! But all the crackle sound was still there. So it was not the speakers. So I returned the $1500/pr speakers and still use my P362.

The Yamaha mixer came after this pro speaker experience. The rest is history.

No more crackle sound. Everything sounds great......well depending on the person singing.

But the sound is great with the Compression feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts