AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the PC to work and installed the network and graphics driver and it is functioning fine under xp.

Any ideas on how to get it to work as a htpc, I am assuming I need a new graphics card, if so how can I find out which ones are compatible with my motherboard or CPU or whatever?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
slight update: I put the memory I had into the motherboard and it booted up, but said drive 0 and 1 not found. But I put in the xp disc I have and am trying to install xp on it. So at this point it is on and windows is technically installing as I type. Is it fair to say that the PC is functioning and the processor can be salvaged? once I get it working I'll try to find out what the processor is and whats in it. Any good ways to find that info?

·
Registered
114 Posts
google cpuz

that will give you almost all the info that you will need.

another good way to tell is just visually. when you have the pc open look for the slot closest to the cpu, if you are lucky it will be an agp slot...

if it has nothing but pci slots then you can still work with it...

once you get windows installed and check out cpuz, let us know what the specs are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.