AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CM4228, CM7775, with preamp ,electric rotor, MIT65907, SAT-HD100. I get 95% of the digital channels. The meter signal is coming in at 85-94. On 2 of the channels that I get the highest meter reading (94) on I get a message that says "searching for digital signal" it will find it about 1 to 2 seconds later and lock in for about 10 to 20 seconds then the same thing happens. My antenna is on a 2 story house and another 10 feet in the air. Can anybody tell me what's happening or what can I do. I have spent over 1000.00 on antennas, installation and etc. Please help it really bugs my wife.

[This message has been edited by jaye fayed (edited 03-30-2001).]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have Sony HD-100. Lately have noticed that KING TV Seatle (Channel 5.3) will display a beautiful demo program. When it switches over to King5 News, I get "Searching for Digital Signal" even though the picture is strong. If I change channels or go to menu to check signal strength, I lose picture and sound until King begins to broadcast their demo program again. (Signal strength is 80-82) I went to Magnolia HiFi in Everett. They had a Mitsubishi STB and a Sony box like mine. Had the same problem on the Sony box (Signal strength 95) but the TV connected to the Mitsubishi box was showing King5 News perfectly. I have a message into King asking them what is different about their demo program from their new broadcast and Jay Leno. Too bad about this because Leno show is stunningly clear when I was getting it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here's what you need to do, if your getting drop outs.

I had the same problems before. I have the Channel Master 4221 and also have the Titan 7775 pre-amp. Here's what I did

and it worked very well and took out all the problems. I tilted my bowie antenna. Cured all problems. Let me show you what my antenna set up looks like.
http://www.geocities.com/peterd90745/MySatOtapage.html

Hope this helps.

------------------

PeterDz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.