AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - this past weekend, I mounted my Channelmaster Stealthtenna using a dishmount kit. I also installed the optional internal amplifier. I pointed it the same general direction as the dish - S-SW.

Nada. Nothing. Bupkus. I'm only getting a single analog station, and it's very fuzzy.

Any other suggestions that don't involve a 50-foot tower in my backyard?

Thanks.

-Scott

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Aiming SW from Chapel Hill is about 90 degrees off, try SE or better yet go to www.antennaweb.org and find the azimuth for your area. I'm in Morrisville and I can see RTP from my house and can pick up all the OTA easily with an old Terk TV50 in my attic. You're only a few mile further so you should be able to get them with an antenna outside.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hey it shouldn't be a problem. I live in Elon about 30 miles west from you and I'm picking up WRAL with no problem. BTW I heard yesterday that WFMY maybe up with their digital signal by the end of the year.

------------------

nick

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hay sbarrett you are pointing you antanna in the wroung direction. You are directly due west of me. You should be pointing the antnann in the East to South-East direction. I pick up all four of our digital station at 100% signal level on my Mitsubishi SR-HD500 STB.

By the Channel 40 is under review. Does anybody know when its going digital?

Does anybody have any information on WUNC?

------------------

Bruce.in.Cary

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am with lee. Don't fret, you should be able to get excellent reception.

I am in Apex and use a cheapo Radio Shak double bow-tie in the attic and get all channels excellent. The towers are SE of you, think kinda towards Wilmington.

I went to antennaweb.org also, but since I don't have a compass or anything, I had just as good luck yelling back and forth with the wife for about 5 minutes. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I e-mailed UNC-TV in June and they told me they are looking at being on the air by the end of the year. It has been a while so maybe I'll try them again to see when they will start testing. The transmitter will be where their currnet facility is in Chatham County just south of Chapel Hill so sbarret, you should have no trouble with that one. They are available on Time Warner Cable Channel 200-203 currently as well.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
WRAL, WTVD, WNCN and WRAZ are out by Clayton. The requests for WRDC and WLFL are close to their current NTSC transmitters, as are the WUNc affiliates, and WKFT's request as well. The tower for WRPX (and the DTV side are up by Louisburg). And that takes care of the stations I should be able to get...

------------------

You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.