AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM CONSIDERING PURCHASING AN EXTRON DVS 406 TO MATCH WITH MY SONY HD50 HTM CRT PROJECTOR AND SONY DVD ON TO MY EXISTING PERF SCREEN. THE EXTRON AND SONY MATCH AT 1280 X 1024, WOULD I BE BETTER OFF USING THE 1080p OUTPUT INSTEAD? IM PROBABLY EMBARASSING MYSELF WITH THIS QUESTION BUT IM A BEGGINNER IN THE WORLD OF VIDEO PROSSESORS ! p.s. all my dvds are PAL MANY THANKS TO ALL THOSE THAT REPLY.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Hi,Could you describe A Sony HD 50.Does this have 8 inch or 9 inch CRT's ? What is it's maximum horizontal scan frequency ?1080p is best left to 9inch CRT tubes but perhaps you could use 960p.Also what is your screen size?

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Just looked up your projector specs and they show 7 inch CRTs' and max horizontal scan rate of 64khz.Your best resolution would be 1280x720(hdtv 720p) Or your looking at probable scan line overlap and a soft picture.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MANY THANKS FOR THE REPLY. DOES 1280X720 MEAN THE NUMBER OF HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL LINES AVAILABLE? HOW DOES A 64MHZ RESTRICT THE NUMBER OF LINES? WOULD I BE BETTER OFF UPGRADING MY PROJECTOR!!!!!THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
No you do not need a new projector.64khz is the maximum horizontal scan rate of your projector.Look at it this way,if you have 7 inch CRT tubes you are pretty much limited to the following scan rates 480 progressive lines doubled,720 progressive scan lines tripled or 960 progressive scan lines quadrupled.At 960 progressive you have met your maximum scan rate capability of 64khz.A 7 inch CRT is usually good up to 720p on 8 inch CRT is usually best at 720p but if the CRT is fairly new and well calibrated you can go as high as 960p.A good 9 inch CRT is best at 960p and can go as high as 1280p.What you are trying to avoid is scan line overlap which makes for a loss in overall sharpness.You should run your 7 inch at 720 progressive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.