AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching TV the other day on my 58" Panasonic Viera VT25 Plasma TV last night when it made a VERY loud popping noise and then the screen went black.

After this, I was unable to turn it back on, and whenever you hit the power button, I only get 10 red blinks of the LED on the front of the TV.

My dad has a VT30 and had a similar failure (but no loud pop) and was informed by the person who repaired it that the number of blinks you see will tell you something about what has failed.

Has anyone had this issue, and can anyone tell me what kind of failure 10 blinks means? Also, what component(s) will need to be replaced to get the TV working again, and about what can I expect to pay for the repair?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
18,292 Posts
A loud pop followed by the TV turning itself off is almost always a blown power supply board. There are lots of posts here about 10 blinks so do a little forum searching to see what you're up against.

Before you even start researching any possible repair or sourcing a new or used power supply etc, i'd grab a flashlight and carefully examine the plasma panel for evidence of cracking in the inner glass. Sometimes when a power supply blows, it blows with enough force to crack the panel glass from behind. If you discover even the tiniest crack, the TV is not repairable at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts