AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just called me downstairs claiming that our Panny 42PD25 looked "strange". I went down to check it out...when viewing a program there are 2 very noticeable horizontal "discolorations" stretching all the way across the screen.

When the screen is blank you see 2 approx. 3" blue bars scrolling from top to bottom.

TV and audio components are plugged into a PureAV conditioner. TV/Comcast box run directly through Cambridge Audio 540R.

Anybody have any ideas??? I'm stumped and very concerned!

Thank you,

Chris

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found out that the power went out several times yesterday, all while nobody was home and my gear was off. Could this have possible caused a problem? We've been living in this house for nearly 6 weeks and have never had a problem until now.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Disconnect from the receiver and run your video straight to the set to eliminate problems with the 540R. I have had a similar issue although it was with an analog display. I was using an HK 510 receiver and utilizing video switching. Turned out the HK developed a bad capacitor.

Always reduce complexity when there is a problem. It is the only way to test components individually. With luck your receiver may simply need a reset...or there could be something wrong with the Panny. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeBar
Disconnect from the receiver and run your video straight to the set to eliminate problems with the 540R. I have had a similar issue although it was with an analog display. I was using an HK 510 receiver and utilizing video switching. Turned out the HK developed a bad capacitor.

Always reduce complexity when there is a problem. It is the only way to test components individually. With luck your receiver may simply need a reset...or there could be something wrong with the Panny. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks, ClarkeBar.

I'll give this a shot tonight and see what happens!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.