AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I ordered an Aperion 5c center, two 4t towers, and two 4bp surrounds. I may add two additional rears in the future. I will definitely be adding a sub. I plan to use for HT 70%/music 30%. Room is 22x26ft but HT/listening area makes up only about half of that area (completely open to the kitchen which makes up the other half).

Question 1: What reciever to buy. Right now, ranked from less to more expensive, I'm considering the Pioneer VSX-1019 AH-K, Denon AVR 1910, and Onkyo HT RC180. Which, if any of these, would you choose and why?

Question 2: I'm thinking about the SVS PC-12NSD for my sub. Is this a good match. Would the HSU STF-2 or VTF-1 be more than adequate and save me $?

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts
Of those AVRs the only one that has on-board Ethernet is the RC180. It also has preamp outs in case you want to add an external amp - also the only one on your list. The Aperion 4Ts are 6ohm with 86db sensitivity. You also have a large room to fill with sound. I'd scratch the other AVRs because they don't have preamp outs. If you were buying speakers with higher sensitivity - >90db this probably wouldn't matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts