AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my room is 15' wide and 17' long with 8' ceiling

the wall where the screen is going is 15' wide with 8' ceilings

room has 2 windows but i can always put up black curtains and somewhat control the amount of light coming in.plus it will mainly be used for blu ray viewing at NIGHT

now how big a screen can i go with?

and what about the projector?

budget is up to $2500 for projector.

anyone care to help?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
676 Posts
Are you a videophile or an enthusiast? If your a videophile you prolly won't want to go past 120" since the best modes of most projectors won't have enough lumens otherwise. If you're just an enthusiast, sky's the limit but it comes with sacrifices in color accuracy....I'm an enthusiast and run a 150" screen, colors aren't perfect but no one's ever complained......

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewke /forum/post/18274621

Are you a videophile or an enthusiast? If your a videophile you prolly won't want to go past 120" since the best modes of most projectors won't have enough lumens otherwise. If you're just an enthusiast, sky's the limit but it comes with sacrifices in color accuracy....I'm an enthusiast and run a 150" screen, colors aren't perfect but no one's ever complained......

I'm an enthusiast but i want something that looks good.i rather go smaller if it helps with the picture quality.plus i will probably have it ISF calibrated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts