AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a 42" Plasma for my bedroom (actually 2 of them for 2 bedrooms) this week. Viewing distance is about 7-8ft max there is only 1 window in the room and it has blinds on it. I'd prefer 1080p, and would prefer a basic AR filter, but neither is a must. I'm hoping to pick one up on a Thanksgiving sale online, my budget is $600.

Any thoughts I've looked around and the Panasonic C2 seems to be leading candidate, but that's not set in stone at all. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech571 /forum/post/19542184

The C2 is a 720p set. 720p is just fine for a bedroom set.

I second that with a +1

Will be putting up info soon! I may have found the floating black bug fix for all the 2009 - 2010 models.

Crossing my fingers as I still need to finish up before I connex everything.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You have few choices in the plasma realm, but the top sets for that price cap would be the Samsung PN42C450B1D 720p plasma, and the Panasonic C2 you mentioned. I am sure there will be lots of other 42" sets to choose from in your price range in the next couple of days due to all the sales.

·
Registered
199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Tech /forum/post/19542831

I second that with a +1

Will be putting up info soon! I may have found the floating black bug fix for all the 2009 - 2010 models.

Crossing my fingers as I still need to finish up before I connex everything.

Firmware or hardware fix? Good luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought a TC-P42S2 for my bedroom a couple of months ago, at a local brick and mortar store , for an "out the door price" at the limit of your budget. It's the low end 1080 panny plasma, and I think it's got a pretty good picture, especially once I applied the service menu offsets recommended by D-Nice.

It has an AR filter. I view the TV from about 4 or 5 feet. My wife complains that the tv is too bright at night, when she's trying to sleep, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts