AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Denon AVR-2312Ci, but due to a storm it sadly functions no more...

Im looking for a comparable replacement that may offer 4k later, currently I have no need for it.

Id like to stay under $1200 if possible, but I am open to options.

So far I'm comparing:
Denon AVR-S900W or AVR-X3100W
Onkyo TX-NR838
Merantz SR5009

Thanks for any ideas,

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You can pick up a new Marantz SR7008 (last year's model--two "levels" from the 5000 series) for $999 on Amazon. If you're going to spend around $1000, I'd rather take an older model and get Audyssey XT32 than go with something newer that might add features but won't give you the same level of configuration.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Don't spend extra money now for something that you might need in the future.
Agreed. I remember hearing something similar to this statement in the context of car buying. People in the US tend to buy bigger cars than they need because they think they "might need it in the future."

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Maybe a better way to describe it is if I can get a receiver that supports 4k now, Id rather, as I will likely upgrade my projector when more content is available.
The Marantz SR7008 would be a good option. Let me also suggest that you give someone from AV Science a call and talk about their pricing on the SR7008 and SR7009. It definitely wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Maybe a better way to describe it is if I can get a receiver that supports 4k now, Id rather, as I will likely upgrade my projector when more content is available.
None of those models have hdcp 2.2 so forget about 4k working good down the line.
Buy 1 or 2 year old cheap or wait until later this year. The denon 4520 is way better
than those newer models.

·
Premium Member
93,288 Posts
The Marantz SR7008 would be a good option. Let me also suggest that you give someone from AV Science a call and talk about their pricing on the SR7008 and SR7009. It definitely wouldn't hurt.
Great idea! :) Not to mention, we're still offering a free Denon HEOS Link (MSRP $349)(while supply lasts) with the purchase of a new SR7008 or SR7009.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts