AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my sc35 came in. Audi setup was straight forward. Mcacc has my system sounding 10x better than with my old onkyo 605. Sonically this device is awesome.

Now for my issues:

1. When trying to set up the watch tv function i noticed the receiver switched from hdmi1 (this is my dtv hddvr) to tv/sat by itself. I thought i may have screwed up my remote config. Double checked it and no error. Took the batteries out of all my Remotes turned on tv, the dtv, the receiver manually and the damn thing did it again. Not sure what i did but i am frustrated.

2. I cant set tv/sat to use hdmi. It is grayed out(unselectable).

·
Registered
9,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok305 /forum/post/20899982

Ok figured out #2. Had to turn off hdmi control. Now to reprogram my harmony again...

Still need help on 1. It does this with other sources that were tied to hdmi1.

Hi Havok305, most likely its your tv HDMI-CEC feature being turned on so suggest turning it off. Some HDMI-CEC trade names: Samsung - AnyNet+, Panasonic - Viera Link, Sony - Bravia Sync, Pioneer - Kuro Link, etc....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I will give it a shot.

New issue.

3. Hdmi arc does not pass audi from my sammy pn59d7000 back through the sc-35. I currently have hdmi set to through on VIDEO input on the avr. VIDEO is also set to HDMI 1. I have a display but nothing on netflix from the sammy app as far as audio.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok305 /forum/post/20900118

New issue.

3. Hdmi arc does not pass audi from my sammy pn59d7000 back through the sc-35. I currently have hdmi set to through on VIDEO input on the avr. VIDEO is also set to HDMI 1. I have a display but nothing on netflix from the sammy app as far as audio.

Both the receiver and tv must support ARC. Since the Sammy D7000 doesn't it will not work. Connect an optical cable from tv "Digital Audio Out" to receiver.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/20900432

Both the receiver and tv must support ARC. Since the Sammy D7000 doesn't it will not work. Connect an optical cable from tv "Digital Audio Out" to receiver.

I found another thread about another d7000 model and it apperas only the 8000 models support arc. I thought everything with 3d would have. A bit dissapointed with the missing feature. I hooked up the optical last night when i saw the thread and i am good to go.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You need to set up any source component that you are connecting with hdmi, through hdmi 1 through 5. The only exception to this rule is a blu ray player, which only connects with hdmi, and that input is labelled. You can then name that hdmi input according to the connected source component.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Additionally, the hdmi inputs are only selectable using the"input" button on the remote, so I don't know if you can get the Harmony to go directly to the required input.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Yes, you can absolutely get a Harmony to switch directly to the required input. I have my Harmony 1100 set up with my SC-35 and it works fine. The Harmony database has single button codes to go to each input. HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.