Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

can anyone help me and tell me what the size of the small spacers are for the sony 1270 on red and blue tubes.

i wish to adjust using small washers to get the best alignment but dont know at what size to start

i am currently using medium spacers and want to move the projector and istall for small size

many thanks

Mark

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Mark

Whatever you do, do not use metal washers, if you drop one inside it could be a problem getting it out.

I made some spacers out of sheet metal that copied the originals and just added material to build them up till I got all my rasters centered. Which is a better way to go, as you can then move the PJ closer to the screen and use more of the tube face.

If you use round washers the tubes have to come out. So you want to have a opening in the washer so you can slide it over the stud.

Deron

·
Registered
852 Posts
I agree with Deron if you do use washers it would make life easier buying sloted washers or if you can find them slotted shims. I just finished aiming my tubes and used 5mm round washers and it requires alot of disassembly which could have been avoided had I used slotted washers.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice its very good idea ,

what sort of size should i start at for a 76" dia 16:9 screen.

its the large long metal spacers on the crt that i need to know the thickness as i only have medium ones and need to change to small.

i will be planning on doing the lens mod too.

Mark

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Mark, I have the 1252 with the small spacers and I measured 15mm on the outside spacer and about 4mm on the inner spacer for the outside tubes.Do me a favor if you can,I would like the size of the medium spacers you are using as I am considering going with a larger screen.Thanks.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will give them a measure in the next few days (sorry for the wait but the pj is in its flightcase and its burried under wood , sounddeadening, studding while i construct my room)

thanks for taking the time to measure them it is much apreciated

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.