AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I had a Sharp LC-46LE820UN and to be honest I loved it. I thought the picture was fantastic. Well it just died and according to Sharp it cannot be fixed. They offered me the same set again, but they do not have it in stock and it could be months before one is in.

As a replacement they offered me either a a LC-46LE540U or a LC-50LE650U.

I have two questions:

1) Do any of you have opinions on which is the better picture quality set. I do not care about the extra few inches in size as I would prefer the better picture.

2) My 820UN was a quattron TV and I do not believe that either of these are. Will there a significant loss in picture quality even though they are newer makes?

Thanks so much in advance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess what im really asking is is there a major difference between a quattron and non quattron Sharp. I think I would just take the 650u over the 540u, but will there be a big difference between the 650U and my old 820UN which was quattron?

Thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outwatcher  /t/1522434/help-please-advice-needed#post_24479550

I guess what im really asking is is there a major difference between a quattron and non quattron Sharp.
The difference is just 1 pixel..
, sorry, I couldn't resist

But seriously, go to best buy or costco etc. & view the quatron vs non quatron & see for yourself. Anytime I've compared them I couldn't see any, the difference is the add a yellow pixel along withthe Red, Green, &blue ones but I don't think they show yellows any better than the standard 3 pixel tv's.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by indept  /t/1522434/help-please-advice-needed#post_24479675

The difference is just 1 pixel..
, sorry, I couldn't resist

But seriously, go to best buy or costco etc. & view the quatron vs non quatron & see for yourself. Anytime I've compared them I couldn't see any, the difference is the add a yellow pixel along withthe Red, Green, &blue ones but I don't think they show yellows any better than the standard 3 pixel tv's.

Thanks so much! Any opinion on the 540U vs the 650U?

Unfortunately they arent carried in the Best Buy or Pc Richards by me anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts