AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to everyone who responded to my prior post. From the previousl replies it appears that my power supply in my BG808s is dying. (Symptoms - Occaisional flashing, rapidly expanding and contracting image accompanied by a high pitched sound, akin to a trapped fly). Is this a user replaceable part? Where can I find one (preferably on the cheap side)? I just ordered my new scaler and am a bit cash poor. Any and all help is appreciated, thank you.

Brian

·
Registered
968 Posts
Brian,

Sorry to hear you're still having difficulties. If you like, you can send me your SMPS and I can run it in a BG808s I have here just to see if it still acts up. I can't promise a fix or replacement, but if I can help you identify the problem it might be worthwhile. I've done this with a couple of other folks and its worked out well. Drop me an email if you like.

Mark - [email protected]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark!!

I have already sent you an email, but forgot to ask how long do you think it will take to determine if there is any problems. The Barco is my main veiwing device at home and I'd hate to be without it for an extended time period. Presuming the power supply is not too heavy I'd ship it FedEx or the equivalent.

Also, if not the power supply, any other ideas? Is there something I should be paying attention to to help diagnose the problem?

Thanks again.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.