AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the Denon recently, and the Blu-Ray player is Panasonic. I have an HDMI cable coming out of my projector, W1070, into the Denon, via the HDMI out, then all of my components hooked up to the other HDMI in ports. The Apple TV and TiVo box work perfectly. Zero issues. My Panasonic Blu-Ray player isn't recognized when hooked up the exact same way. I have tried that particular input on the Denon with different components and the same HDMI cable I am using for the Blu-Ray player and everything works perfectly. I can bypass the Denon and hook directly to the Blu-Ray player from the projector, and it works that way. No sound of course though. So....any ideas guys? Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
28,895 Posts
What model Panasonic player is it. I have two Panasonic BD players with Denon receivers and have had absolutely no problems.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'll try some of these ideas out. Hard to change cable lengths as the projector is already mounted to the ceiling, etc. Hopefully it's a color setting or something.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The model number of the Panasonic Blu-Ray player is DMP-BDT110. Also, tried turning the deep color off and it still doesn't work going through the DENON. Any other ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. This stuff can be frustrating. Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried changing to 720p or whatever that suggestion was earlier without any luck. Any other ideas? Are there Blu-Ray players that are known to be fairly issue free with regard to HDMI handshake? Maybe I will just buy a new player? Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HDMI length from projector to AVR is 25ft. I haven't tried all of the HDMI inputs yet. Tried a few. Thanks again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok. Any other suggestions? Ideas? Nothing is working except for just hooking the BD player up directly to the PJ. Thus no sound. Guess I'll have to try a new BD player? Any ideas for a cheap/good unit without HDMI hand shake issues?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One last shot at giving someone a shot at helping me figure out this BPlayer issue. Anyone? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpc777  /t/1522886/help-please-denon-avr-e300-wont-recognize-blu-ray-player#post_24506122

One last shot at giving someone a shot at helping me figure out this BPlayer issue. Anyone? Thanks!
Get rid of the Denon and keep the bluray player. No more hdmi handshake issues.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Please explain what the HDMI extender/repeater will accomplish. Thanks. And are Denon receivers known to present unneeded hand shake issues? Are they notoriously worse than other AVR's in this regard? Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpc777  /t/1522886/help-please-denon-avr-e300-wont-recognize-blu-ray-player#post_24506539

Please explain what the HDMI extender/repeater will accomplish. Thanks. And are Denon receivers known to present unneeded hand shake issues? Are they notoriously worse than other AVR's in this regard? Thanks again.
They are worse. I have called this out in other threads. Returning the Denon and buying another brand will solve your problems. No need to boost the hdmi signal, nor replace your other hardware.

·
Registered
28,895 Posts
I own 3 Denon's (AVR 989, 591, 1613) and 2 Panasonic BD players. Never had handshake issues with any of them.

Maybe I'm fortunate or maybe the OP got a bad one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts