AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need a service person to get my cable, DTV looking better . HDTV look great but every thing else looks like crap. Having a problem getting into the service menu. I press the right buttons and nothing happens display,5,vol+,power... I do this and cable tv appears on screen then what do I do? Or did I do something wrong. Can all the topics on clearing up artifacts and detail enhancement make me keep this gwII or do I need to buy another rp? I feel stupid. Help

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
onandoff,

make sure that the control remote Function is on Tv. The remote has SAT/CABle, TV, DVD/VCR. When you turn the TV off, let it stay off for about 3 to 4 minutes then use the following sequence (make sure the remote is pointing to the TV while you are doing this) [Display] [5] [Vol+] [Powe]. Do the sequence one by one. Make sure your Direct TV receiver is connected to Video 1 (S-Video connection). Print out the PDF file in the the thread "UMR does GWII". Read Umr's intructions in the first page and follow carefully the instructions and make sure to only change those settings.

I will suggest to get familiar with the main menu and change those settings first before you get to the service menu. Get familiar with the TV and look at different channels on Direct Tv so that you many notice the difference. Good luck...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
onandoff,

one big suggestion. Record all the settings in the service menu that you change. You need to. Take your time this takes some time to do...

·
Premium Member
10,415 Posts
onandoff,

Actually you should see the last input you selected, but a green menu display will be overlaid on the picture.

You might not be someone who should be tweaking in the service menu if you are having difficulty accessing it. The memory structure itself is much more complex than getting into the menu itself and if you make a mistake it will be very difficult to find.

I would strongly suggest you get the service manual if you want to implement changes in the service menu. It will help you understand how things are organized and provide you with values to return to that are mostly correct for most things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.