AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I foolishly thought I would do a channel scan to see if there were any more digital channels that I could receive and I can't seem to get one back.

The channel in question is digital channel 29 (NBC 5-1 in Chicago). When I look at the signal strength for channel 29 it is 100%, but each time I do a channel scan, 5-1 is not found. When I type in 5-1 directly with the remote, it says "Channel not found".

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it back? I've tried to do a "clear" first before the scan but this has no effect.

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
780 Posts
I had the same problem last week with my PBS station. I needed to do a hard reset on the box to clear memory, then rescan. This will mess up your channel list a bit though, but leaves other settings intact.

Turn the Mits off, turn the TV on. On the box itself, not the remote, hold the Info and Guide buttons down then press and hold the Down button until you see a flicker on the TV screen. Then release the buttons, turn the box on, and wait a minute or two while it reaquires the satellite guide. Do a local rescan, and you should have you channel back.

Tony

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony,

Thanks for the tips. I will try this in the future when it happens again.

Strangely, I was able to get the channel back this morning without doing a rescan. Before I lost the channel, I remembered the NBC channel also showing up on 29-1 for some reason. This channel also was not showing up in the local channel list after any of my rescans, but just for fun I thought I would try to input it directly with my remote. When I inputted 29-1, the receiver tuned to that channel and then mysteriously jumped to channel 5-1 on its own and now 5-1 shows up in my local channel list.

Strange but true. I can't explain it but at least I have the channel back...

-Craig

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think they are not on the air all the time. You may have tried to do a scan when they were not broadcasting. I notice that I can get either both 5.1 or 29 on my Sony, or neither. Or maybe they have a very weak signal that the tuner can not lock onto at all times. Anyway, I have noticed they are rather intermittent.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The only Chicago digital channel that seems to come and go is Channel 9. As far as I can tell, they are still broadcasting from 1000-2200 daily. Recently I couldn't get them at all on a Sunday. Channel 5 seems to be on all the time.

Paul V

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.