Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I got my LT-150 this weekend and, of course, the VGA cable is too short. I'll need a 10' ft cable. I looked around at some inexpensive solutions which are sold locally, Belkin... and saw a note on their web-site that the cables only worked on monitors smaller than 17". Why is this?

Does anyone have any suggestions about a particalur cable to use. I'm at work now... is the cable Male to Female? F to F, M to M...?

Also, I noticed at one end of the cable I got from NEC a pin is bent/broken so that contact is problably not being made. Is this on purpose? Do you have to break off a pin? The projector seems to work pin with the pin bent... but I'm a little nervous about it.

Thanks for any help,

Miles

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Cheaper cables can only do VGA and lose quality for larger monitors. Cable must be SVGA and not just VGA. www.pccables.com sells SVGA 15 footer for $13.99. I bought one and love it with my LT150. They guarantee no ghosting or shadowing. It's shielded with magnets at both ends to further shield from interference. Make sure you pick Male to Male version or else it won't connect correctly. They also sell VGA splitter cable but it'll degrade image quality so don't try it. I did and now it's in the drawer :-(

------------------

Huey ;-]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.