AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a used Panasonic PT-AE700U Projector. It will be my first projector and was looking to stay

After reading reviews, this seemed like a good one.

When I received the projector, it plugged in fine, and ran just as it should, but the lamp clearly was dim and was around 2000 hrs. Figuring since it powered up all I needed was a new lamp and I would be golden.

I purchased a new lamp, took out the module, and installed it and went to turn the projector on. When I plugged in the cord and flipped the 'on' switch, the Power LED turned from yellow briefly to a steady red as it had done in the past. I thought all was dandy. When I actually hit the Power button, the Power LED went to green and began to power up. I could hear the fan spin, as it had done before and then it went to cycle on the lamp. The lamp flashed a quick image for a fraction of a second, and then went off. The projector then powered down, cycled down the fan and went back to Standby mode and the Power LED goes red. At this point, hitting the power button again doesn't do anything. Flipping the On/Off switch and hitting the power button again yields the exact same result.

To troubleshoot and see if it was the new lamp that has an issue, I re-installed the old lamp and am getting the exact same result as before.

I don't think it is the power supply as I've read this model has had problems with because it isn't coming on/off cyclically, it is holding steady and appears as if it wants to power on safely, just stops at some point just before it reaches the lamp.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Really dying to watch something on this - especially because I purchased a new lamp.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arball /forum/post/21447429

I just recently purchased a used Panasonic PT-AE700U Projector. It will be my first projector and was looking to stay

After reading reviews, this seemed like a good one.

When I received the projector, it plugged in fine, and ran just as it should, but the lamp clearly was dim and was around 2000 hrs. Figuring since it powered up all I needed was a new lamp and I would be golden.

I purchased a new lamp, took out the module, and installed it and went to turn the projector on. When I plugged in the cord and flipped the 'on' switch, the Power LED turned from yellow briefly to a steady red as it had done in the past. I thought all was dandy. When I actually hit the Power button, the Power LED went to green and began to power up. I could hear the fan spin, as it had done before and then it went to cycle on the lamp. The lamp flashed a quick image for a fraction of a second, and then went off. The projector then powered down, cycled down the fan and went back to Standby mode and the Power LED goes red. At this point, hitting the power button again doesn't do anything. Flipping the On/Off switch and hitting the power button again yields the exact same result.

To troubleshoot and see if it was the new lamp that has an issue, I re-installed the old lamp and am getting the exact same result as before.

I don't think it is the power supply as I've read this model has had problems with because it isn't coming on/off cyclically, it is holding steady and appears as if it wants to power on safely, just stops at some point just before it reaches the lamp.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Really dying to watch something on this - especially because I purchased a new lamp.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi arball

It could be the auto-iris. The PJ checks the iris status at the startup and if it fails to function powers down the PJ. You can try several times to power up the PJ, so the iris becomes loose. If you succeed, enter the Special Menu, then enter the Self Check sub-menu, and look if everything it's OK. Something in red means that there was a fault.

You access the service menu by:

Press Menu->Option, highlight "OSD", Hold "ENTER" down for 3 seconds

You should get a menu that looks like :

FREEZE MSG (on)

HD OVERSCAN (off)

RUNTIME PRT (on)

FAN FULLMODE (off)

AUTO SETUP (normal)

SELF CHECK

SERVICE MODE

FLICKER ADJ

SD LEVEL (c)

525p OS (off)

HDCP1 (a)

HDCP2 (on)

Clean the filter and remember to reset the lamp hours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the response.

That's interesting. I've worked a lot with building my own computers so felt pretty confident troubleshooting the projector. The only thing about it is I have no idea what that 'boot order' is if you will to be able to diagnose.

I've uploaded a video of the process to YouTube in an attempt for some assistance in troubleshooting.

bit(dot)ly/zKjysK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've taken a new video that represents the piece clearer.

The item (as marked by the seller and his images) showed the unit working when shipped. When I received it it's been behaving as depicted in the video.

I've looked at the iris, it moves slowly on it's own so I don't think that's it. Any other guidance after looking at the way the lamp powers up would be helpful, else I'm going to have to declare the projector DoA and ship it back (likely at my cost
)

The unit seems from reviews real good and it appears to be getting power properly and the lights are functioning, I just am at a loss as far as what to do at this point.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Panasonic PT-DW6300US FOR SALE MSRP USD $10000

I HAVE Panasonic PT-DW6300US PROJECTOR FOR SALE GREAT CONDITION CONTACT ME FOR INFO
516-727-6775

1 - 5 of 5 Posts