AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace my Panasonic 42PX80U this week with either a Panny 50" G20 or a Sammy C550. My question is, are the mounting hole threads on plasmas universal size or do they differ by manufacturer/models?

For the life of me I cannot find the extra bolts that came with my stand:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hometrends...nsole/10793964

I do not want to get my new set home Thursday and not be able to mount it.

If the threads do differ, could anyone possibly tell me the thread size on both models so I can find different bolts ahead of time if neccessary?

Thanks for any help on this...

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick88 /forum/post/19636053

I am going to replace my Panasonic 42PX80U this week with either a Panny 50" G20 or a Sammy C550. My question is, are the mounting hole threads on plasmas universal size or do they differ by manufacturer/models?

For the life of me I cannot find the extra bolts that came with my stand:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hometrends...nsole/10793964

I do not want to get my new set home Thursday and not be able to mount it.

If the threads do differ, could anyone possibly tell me the thread size on both models so I can find different bolts ahead of time if neccessary?

Thanks for any help on this...

My mounting brackets came with a multitude of bolts lengths and I believe threads types (but could be wrong)

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
The wall mounting holes on all Panasonic Plasmas have an 8mm thread size. All three of my Pannys use 8mm x 40mm mounting screws. And i'm almost positive that Samsung also uses the 8mm size as well.

It's important to make sure that the screws aren't too long otherwise they can punch-through the bottom of the threaded insert and possibly damage the internals or the chassis. I use a toothpick to check the depth of all holes when i'm mounting a TV. Chances are you can just re-use the ones that are in your PX80U.

Another thing to be aware of is that a year (or two?) ago Panasonic moved the location of the pattern much lower down on the back of the TV so check the heights of all the mounting holes in the new TV so you can adjust the stand's mounting height before installing the TV onto it and discovering that it's too high. The holes on my G10 were about 4 inches lower than they were on my PZ700U so i had to actually drill new holes in my wall to relocate my wall mount lower to keep the new TV around the same height as the old one. PITA. Hopefully the bracket system on your stand allow some height-adjustability.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
The wall mounting holes on all Panasonic Plasmas have an 8mm thread size. All three of my Pannys use 8mm x 40mm mounting screws. And i'm almost positive that Samsung also uses the 8mm size as well.

It's important to make sure that the screws aren't too long otherwise they can punch-through the bottom of the threaded insert and possibly damage the internals or the chassis. I use a toothpick to check the depth of all holes when i'm mounting a TV. Chances are you can just re-use the ones that are in your PX80U.

Another thing to be aware of is that a year (or two?) ago Panasonic moved the location of the pattern much lower down on the back of the TV so check the heights of all the mounting holes in the new TV so you can adjust the stand's mounting height before installing the TV onto it and discovering that it's too high. The holes on my G10 were about 4 inches lower than they were on my PZ700U so i had to actually drill new holes in my wall to relocate my wall mount lower to keep the new TV around the same height as the old one. PITA. Hopefully the bracket system on your stand allow some height-adjustability.
Thanks for the input. I was/am hoping that I can re-use the same screws I have been using. My stand came with a variety of sizes and lengths, but I cannot locate them.

Thanks for the tip on checking the depth of the threads. I will use your toothpick test. Great idea!

Thankfully, my stand has extensive height adjustment built in...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.