AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping one of you geniuses could help me. I have been running my Shuttle SFF box to my Sony KV-36FS10 through s-video at 1024x768 with a Powercoler 9700. Everything was working fine that way. I decided to get the ATI HDTV adapter in hopes that I would get a bit better detail (while the s-video looks "good" it lacks the crispness I was hoping for). Anyway, I got the HDVT adapter and installed it. The biggest problem I am having is the virtual desktop, unless I put in on 640x480 I get the scan and pan. Now I know my tv is only a SDTV but I was under the assumption (maybe wrongfully so) that it would support a higher res without the virtual desktop. I know I will probably have to tweak it with Powerstrip later but first I want to get over this hurdle. Also, I have no interest in playing DVDs on this computer - mainly just gaming. Can anyone give me a definitive answer on what the maximum resolution I can display with the ATI HDTV adapter on my TV is, and in the mean time give me some pointers on getting rid of that darn virtual desktop? BTW, i have fooled with refresh rates and monitor drivers for the TV and have it currently set to the "Sony GDW-W900" after reading another post. Unfortunately I do not have detailed specifications about my TV nor could I find them on Sony's site. Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.