AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a quick question, i have a sony kd-34970xbr. i can pick some movie channels and hd programs at the high numbers like channel 110-116, and channel 4 at 106.2101, but i cant get the local hd on like 2.1, 7.1 and 9.1i thought the xbr had the qam tuner and i could wacth this, i have a sharp http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1209165527449 that picks up both local and the movie channels, can i get the local channels on the xbr or i just caint. both tvs are pluged into regular cable from comcast, i do have another that has a digital cable box on it non-hdtv. does that have anything to do with it, thanks for any help.

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you go to the HD Locals forum and post in your local area, you might get better help as we don't know where you are from and HD locals on cable vary from city to city.

I can't get your SONY part number to come up on google so it is harder to help.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If the sharp can get the clear qam, the sony should as well. Look closely at your manual. Perhaps you have to do a separate channel search for digital OTA signals?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Defintely says Clear QAM. Maybe take that nice little 190 pound TV over to the same cable output you have the Sharp on and see if you get more stations with it. Maybe you have a weak signal at the jack where the SONY is.

Does that TV really weight that much?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya thanks for tips guys, i just re seacrhed for analog and digital and it found all the local hd stuff. as far as the sony i think its staying where its now for all time its a sweet set but man its huge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVfan /forum/post/15527765

Defintely says Clear QAM. Maybe take that nice little 190 pound TV over to the same cable output you have the Sharp on and see if you get more stations with it. Maybe you have a weak signal at the jack where the SONY is.

Does that TV really weight that much?

ya all the wieght is at the front in the screen too, took three people to lift it on the stand, as soon as you pick'ed it up it wanted to tip forward. the srceen on it has to like 4 inches thick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts