AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just exported some shows with dvarchive.

I wnet to play them and they play just fine, however, there is no sound.

I recently installed WinXp with Media player 9 and when it starts up it download a codec and then plays, but no sound.

I tried winamp, which can also play replay exported mpegs, but again no sound.

I checked the sound on my system: playd an mp3 file, went to a website and played streaming mpegs and both are just fine, clear as a bell.

on the same system, but win2k, it worked just fine.

Strange, is there something ehre that is simple that I am missing? Did I not export the shows propeorly, I exported only the mpeg and not the index files.

Kinda stumped here, cna anyone help me out please, I want to hear the replay mpegs!

Thanks very much in advance.

Erich

Setup:

Winxp Pro (with all updates)

Pentium 2.8

512 Megs Ram

Sonsblaster Audigy 2 (latest drivers)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, like i said it works fine with the other files, only the replay files have no sound.

please help, no solution so far.

Erich

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Try downloading VideoLAN (Goggle it).

If that doesn't work... check out your codecs. Try downloading the Elecard codecs for MP9.

If that doesn't work, try a search on Sourceforge for Media Player Classic.

If that doesn't work, create a 1 min test clip, download it to DVA, and email it to me, plyons AT optonline.net

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, thanks Peter! You the man, I knew someone would know what the problem was. I downloaded the videoLan program and it worked first time, so I assumed it was the codex problem, then I searched for the codex you mentioned downloaded it and fired up mp9 and now it works super!

Thanks again Peter,

Erich

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
That Elecard codec (the free version) has a little whte box that will fly around your screen whenever you watch a video with it (might take 30 days).

Media Player Classic is my favorite now (it has FF with sound, and it has better positioning for moving through video).

You might want to check it out while your working on these things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.