AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Red face sharp LC-60C52U VS sony DL46V25L1

Hi guys, i just went to costco and saw these two lcd tv sets sharp 52" LC60C52U and sony KDL46V25L1 and by looking at them side by side i can see that sony have a much sharper and brighter color and image but i am more inclined towards the 52" for the size i was wondering if any of you guys own any of them and or has the possibility of playing with them to adjust the sharp one to get it closer to sony's image or not? and also what is the difference between sony V series and XBR series?

also any other suggestion about any other brand?

I appreciate all your help

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
No need for duplicate posts.

Unless the store allows you to adjust the picture, it is difficult to just pq even when the sets are side by side. Both are good sets. Sony seems to have greater brand loyalty - not sure if it is deserved - this is up to each users. With proper adjustment, you should be able to rid the Sharp of its "red face'. JVC, Mitsubishi, Samsung make good sets as well. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I have seen both of these sets and had spent some time examining both.

Both are excellent sets. The Sony had the best PQ up close and better color. The color issue (red push) I could adust out of the Sharp, and since I wasn't going to watch the set from 3 feet away, the PQ differences up close was not an issue.

The Sony was more money than the Sharp. This plus some of the bad experiences that I and freinds had had with Sony quality in the past pushed me to the Sharp.

Starting in the early 80's Sony quality has went down in the products that they make IMO. Hi-Fi, TV and othere CE items branded with the Sony name seem to command a higher price than other brands, yet suffer from issues long term. Sad to see it because Sony does still make some unique products not offered by anyone else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.