AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from rainy Madeira Islands!

I'm Looking to buy a media player/streamer. The PS3 is limited and I basically use it for Xvid/DivX, Mpeg-2 TS and DVD/Blu-Ray and footie games!!

I was eyeing the Boxee Box and/or the Netgear Neotv 550 but with all the issues my attention turned to the Popcorn Hour A-210 as it basically the A-200 with a new shell and more importantly fanless! It's got good reviews and the new NMJ UI looks appealling.

I will basically use the media player/streamer for MKV, Xvid/DivX, DVD-ISO & Mpeg-2 TS. I have many MKV files with 23.976fps, is the PCH ok with all the above? Movie covers and info is a must. Is the NMJ any good?

Does it do DTS & AC3 Downmix as I do not own an amp! Just a LCD TV.

Many thanks in advance!!

Ferdie

·
Registered
567 Posts
If Web Content is not important to you - then Yes the PCH-A210 would do all you need perfectly... with NMJ it's only a pain if you do it the first time if you don't have your files in a particular way for it to scrap cover art and such properly... after that just make sure your new files are named accordingly... The Boxee Box auto scraps your media files - but sometimes it gets buggy when you're trying to do other stuff while its scrapping... I have the PCH A-200 and it plays large MKV files and other files streaming over the network ALOT better than the Boxee Box... the Boxee Box still needs some work - so I returned it before my 30 days is up and wait till I hear good news in the Boxee Box thread before I'll pick it up again....

·
Registered
489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdie /forum/post/19608641

Greetings from rainy Madeira Islands!

I'm Looking to buy a media player/streamer. The PS3 is limited and I basically use it for Xvid/DivX, Mpeg-2 TS and DVD/Blu-Ray and footie games!!

I was eyeing the Boxee Box and/or the Netgear Neotv 550 but with all the issues my attention turned to the Popcorn Hour A-210 as it basically the A-200 with a new shell and more importantly fanless! It's got good reviews and the new NMJ UI looks appealling.

I will basically use the media player/streamer for MKV, Xvid/DivX, DVD-ISO & Mpeg-2 TS. I have many MKV files with 23.976fps, is the PCH ok with all the above? Movie covers and info is a must. Is the NMJ any good?

Does it do DTS & AC3 Downmix as I do not own an amp! Just a LCD TV.

Many thanks in advance!!

Ferdie

I got the A-210 for exactly the reasons you want it for and have no regrets!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
might want to consider the Sage HD300 + the Sage MyMovies plug in...

works well...

MissingRemote writeup

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdie /forum/post/19668183

Thanks to all!

I'm just waiting for Portugal's Popcorn Hour representatives to get stock and I'm going to order it.

Merry Christmas!!!

Wise choice. The A210 is excellent. In addition to the built in NMJ have a look at Oversight. Merry Christmas.

philip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts