Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My PLUS DLP projector only supports native 800x600 resolution and I'm using PowerDVD to watch DVD movies in the 800x600 resolution.

Someone told me that I can use PowerStrip to customize the active scanlines. How can I set PowerStrip in order to watch widescreen DVD movies without the black horizontal scanlines?

Please suggest.

Cheers,

Aibo

·
Registered
904 Posts
Powerstrip is good for setting custom resolutions in your PC so you can use it with non-PC video systems (like 16:9 HDTVs). Since your PJ is native [email protected] (standard SVGA), you don't need a custom rate to get the most out of it.

When you say you'd like to get rid of horizontal scanlines, do you mean the black letterbox bars that appear? You can't get rid of them on a 4:3 projector without cropping the picture (to pan & scan, basically) or using an anamorphic lens on the PJ with a 16:9 screen.

There shouldn't be any (significant) black lines within the picture of a DLP PJ as the mirrors are packed very tightly. LCD PJ's are known for their screendoor effect with gaps between pixels, but DLPs are much better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jake,

Thank you very much for your explanation. Now I understand more about the PowerStrip.

However, the letterbox bars above and below the picture are not black enough when I use PowerDVD to watch the movies. The letterbox bars look like in grey color, quite annoying.

How can I solve the problem?

Does WinDVD re-produce a totally black letterbox bars?

Please help.

Cheers,

Aibo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.