AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought yesterday an dvd player the denon2800MKII, and I have inerference on the image.

I try the denon on another projector, and no interference.

I try the svideo output through the lumagen and it is OK but through the component there is interference like aerial parasite.

Coul it be the macrovision that disturb the lumagen or else.

Please help me!

I run a BG808.

:( :(

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
after thinking a lot about it andd observed the fact, there is somme kind of brown shadows that appears in in light scenes.

could it be a bad synchro or else??

Please help me.:( :(

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Verify that the component cables are securly connected and the contacts are clean. Unplugging and replugging each jack twice usually cleans the contacts enough.

I'm away from home and my home theater and my Lumagen Vision and my Lumagen manual today sop I don't know the exact thing to tweak or the exact names of the adjustments in the menu. But here is something you can try.

There is something about the percentage of the horizontal width, or scan line width under Output in the Lumagen menu. Try reducing that. This causes the black level of the TV (or projector) to stabilize better resulting in eliminating some kinds of shadow problems.

There is also some tweaking of the "front porch" via the Lumagen menu which I have not used so I am not sure how to do it, this also stabilizes the black level reference.

Another cause is improper voltage levels for the component video signal coming from the DVD player, some TV's cope with it OK, some don't. You wold have to tweak the player which normally most owners can't dow ithout a sevice manual for that player.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I am gone try this put down this widht in the menu.

I ve already unplugged several times. But nothing change. D you think that the dvd give improper sync or something like that.

Does the lumagen change somethin in the component signal?

:(

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I try different tweak but nothing change, ;

Do you other things to do to take off thos shadows.

:( :(

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Bannani,

Do you have your Denon , switched to "Interlaced mode "?.and on the Multi output. ( I used to have a Denon 2800 mk1.

Or have you tried another DVD player using the component connection. Just a few suggestions. Hope this helps.

I get awesome results using the Lumagen with a cheap Panasonic RV32.

Regards

Juz

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hi Bannani, its not a macrovision problem and we don't change anything on the component signal, but I'm not sure what your problem is. I would try to get the use of another DVD player and see what that does and also try a different component cable.

Patrick

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks,

I guess it is a problem with the player it is my second denon 2800MKII, the first one freezed a lot and had thoses shadows too, this new one work perfectly but always has these shadows, I used to hook a toshiba dvd player to the lumagen and it works fine. From the svideo output through the lumagen, it OK but out of the component of the dvd, it is an issue.

I don t know how to fix it! I am quite certain now that the component output give a bad signal !!

:( :( :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.