AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my problem: We have a Mitsubishi X30 DLP projector (XGA) running off a HTPC with a voodoo3. However, when i set the powerstrip settings to 1024x576 and feed it into the projector, the projector scales it to 800x600! Is there any way to show it in widescreen format? Maybe there is a program to letterbox the display so that is is output 1024x768, but the active window is 1024x576? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx

Greg Lightfoot

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright, after playing around with the powerstrip settings, here is what I got to work:

Active lines:576

Front Porch:140

Sync Width:2

Back Porch:140

I know i'm forgetting settings, but these are the only ones I changed. The projector sees it as 1024x768, but we are actually only running 1024x576! Voila, thats how to do it if you don't have a projector that syncs to 1024x576.

Greg Lightfoot

p.s. I know these settings aren't perfect, but they work.

also, i wonder if you could set the front porch to 280, and the back porch to 0 to move the desktop up and down? I'll have to try.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope,

When the front porch is set to 280, it clips the top of the image. these settings do work though:

Front Porch= 220

Back Porch=60

That shifts the image most of the way up.

Greg Lightfoot

p.s. incase ne1 is interested, the x30 has good blacks, execelent colors, and brilliant whites, although I do see rainbows sometimes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maybe you guys can clear this up for me.

I'm considering a Panasonic 75u (XGA) and will view most sources from an HTPC.

I plan to use PowerDVD (4 or XP) for DVD viewing and my HiPix card for HDTV and NTSC cable. All running through the VGA connectors.

I realize I will only get around 576 lines of a letterbox source after it squeezes into the 4:3 panel. But is there any advantage for me to use PowerStrip for a custom resolution?

Like SRR said, won't PowerDVD adjust it for me if I have the desktop at 1024x768?

And Powerstrip will not affect my HiPix output as it has its own independant VGA output.

I'm certainly willing to use PowerStrip if there is an advantage, but I'm a bit confused. Anyone have some insight?

Thanks

Loax

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.