AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright guys,

My projector was stolen and I need a replacement ASAP! (before Monday if possible)

I have been searching the forums and ebay looking for something but i need advice since I am still relatively new to the area and I also have been out of the projector scene for a couple years now...

I have a budget of $1000 give or take, and I have a roughly 20ftx40ft entertainement room that doesn't have total light control.

What is the best projector for the price range that I am at that can be used in semi-lighted room? It doesnt see direct light but when the blinds are closed ambient light does sneak in. There is a pool table in the room and since it is a very large room, usually the lights above the pool table are on and everything else is off...

thanks guys!

Can be new or used, but i prefer a higher quality used projector. I also do not mind having to change the bulb in a couple hundred hours...

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Did you get one, if so which one, why did you need it so fast, and sorry about your troubles.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You're wide open for a number of projectors. It's hard to break it down to what will work for you and what won't. The Mitsu HD1000 is getting stellar ratings, but it may not work in your setup because of the large offset. I wouldn't rush to get anything unless it was the exact model that was stolen and you were happy with it. Anything other than that will probably take a little reasearch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am confined by my budget...

Basically, I am looking for the best projector that will work the best with ambient light in a large room that fits the 1000 range new or used...

The reason i need it so fast is that I have an event going on Monday in which i need the projector....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaw99 /forum/post/0

HD1000 no question. If you need it bright turn up the brilliant color too

I just looked at the projector and it looks perfect....Now where is a reputable place to get this projector for the $899 as said above?

thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! I am in Florida so this could be good...

When i was on their site, i came across the Optoma EP739 for a similar price...

This particular projector offers 2500 lumens. How critical are these lumen numbers and are they standerized at all??

This project will be used during the day with ambient light and their chart shows 2000lumen requirement for a 100in screen...

People say that the mitsu can get up there in lumens through the settings however...

Opinions?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Everything I have read about the HD100U has been super and mentions that even on low-power mode it is a light cannon. So while I always recommend doing research yourself, I don't think you are going to find a better projector for your budget after the research I did before ordering mine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Be sure the approx 35% of screen height offset won't be a problem for your setup.

You may want to look at your previous projector's lumen rating for a comparison. Lumens are especially standardized (that is, manufacturer lumen ratings are higher than what you can expect to see, as they are often taken with absurd settings that would just destroy the image quality but produce a higher lumen rating.) However, if you compare your old projector to what you're looking at you should be able to get a general idea. If you were happy with the brightness of your old one, and it was rated at 1200 lumens, then the HD1000U should be plenty bright. Similarly, if you had a conference room projector rated at 3000 lumens, and it was barely bright enough, the HD1000U may not be bright enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.