Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm very new to this form (first post). And need everyone's expert opinion. I'm currently in the market for 2 new TV's within the next month or so (moving into a new house). I'm looking for a 40-42" for the family room and a 50" for the rec. room in the basement. I've been going back and forth between decisions for a week now and can't decide. I need more input so please help. Here is what I'm thinking. For the 42" inch (will be used as the everyday TV in the family room) I'm debating between the Sony 42" model of the KF50WE620 and the Hitachi 42V525. I went to Best Buy (I'm in Canada) and the salesperson recommended the Hitachi and to be honest it looked clearer and it was the same price as the Song $1999.99. For the Rec. room (where the XBOX, DVD, and surround sound will be hooked up) I'm thinking between the Samsung 5064 and the KF50WE620 (looking to spend approx $2500-$3000). I do plan on eventually hooking up a clone PC to the rec room TV to act as a web surfer and I've heard the Samsung is the easiest TV to do that because it has a VGA/SVGA input. I'm looking for ANY advise you can give as the day is fast approaching and my mind is overloaded with information!!!

Thanks Dan

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey Dan,

Am currently in the same boat as you, I have been looking into a RPTV for a few weeks now. Have you looked at any of the Toshiba's? I would also recomend Samsung and Mitsubishi DLP's. For you main tv that you will have a home theater wired to, I would make sure that your tv has HDMI so you will have no trouble if you get a HD disc format (HD-DVD or Blueray HD). As far as hooking up a PC to your tv goes if you have a dvi video card I would hook it up that way instead of using a S-video or vga. I hope you find two tv's that you will be happy with.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.