AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I added a 30 GB drive (for my new MyHD card for recording) and replaced my SB live with a Hercules XP. I loaded XP (was running 98SE) on to the new clean drive.

I can not get sound out of the SPDIF of the Hercules and Powerstrip does not seem to work right.

I have a Barco 808s and a 106" 16x9 screen and want to run at 1280x720p 72Hz.

I am using PowerDVD XP.

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. My Rotel 1066 should be here any minute and I would really like to have my HTPC up and running for it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it working.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello Mark,

I remember seeing from another post that you are in the Pottstown area. I also hail from Pottstown, actually across the river in Chester County and I also recently got a MyHd card. I wonder if you are able to receive digital 67(channel 10) and digital 55(Pbs HD loop). I can get 26(3), 42(29), and 64(6), but no 67 or 55. Apparently they have weak broadcast strength. What MyHD resolution are you running on the 808s? I have a 808s coming next week to replace my D800. Perhaps we could compare notes sometime.

Bill

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Bill, Chester County is where I grew up. School House Rd to be exact, not far from OJR. It was nice living out in the country but alas I know live in town. :(

I currently am picking up 4 digital stations, 26, 42, 64 and 67. I have a UHF antenna mounted on a pole up at the top of my chimney which is about 3 stories up.

The 808s looks very good at 720p but it also depends on what size screen you are using.

Feel free to shot me an email so we can hook up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.