AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I just picked the 52" RCA D52W20 and it has DVI/HDCP. Now if I go with this TV and TWC in Houston TX decides in a year from now to upgrade their STB's with one that is firewire only, will I bet left out in the cold.

Also, does anyone in Hou TX know how the current STB that TWC uses hooks up to an HDTV?

THX

Mark

Hou TX

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I haven't a clue as to how the digital / analog connection ruckus will shake out so your guess is as good as mine.

The current HD box in TWC installations in Houston is the Motorola HDD200. It hooks up through RGB or componant, switch selectable.

TerryB

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mulder331
Now if I go with this TV and TWC in Houston TX decides in a year from now to upgrade their STB's with one that is firewire-only, will I bet left out in the cold.
I seriously doubt that they would even produce an STB that is any single output-only like firewire as it would be useful by only a select few. In my opinion it would not be cost effective for TWC to purchase STBs like this (if they were ever produced) as it would leave out alot of people.

Think about this.. when the S-Video format came to be, you didn't see composite video go away did you?

TerryB is correct on the connections. Most likely if new STBs are distributed by TWC, the new ones would include DVI connections along with component (Y/Pr/Pb).

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you still have your D52W20, do what I did. Go out and buy a ATI 8500 or better and use the DVI output to watch TV, DVD's, VCD's or any other AVI you want to aquire. It's totally cool !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.