AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm just THINKING about setting it up and i'm getting severe rainbows! What can i do? is this normal?

will this lessen at all once i actually have the projector?!

signed,

frazzeled in formosa

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dear Frazzeled,

I'm afraid you've got a terminal case of the Rainbow Heebie Jeebies...

When you get your projector your only prudent course of action is to promptly forward it to me so that I may dispose of it in an environmentally safe manner.

Sincerely yours,

The Rainbow Patrol

http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Red Brian (edited 08-01-2001).]

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think I saw one today too. I was watching TV when this Skittles Candy commercial came on and there was a huge 6 foot rainbow across the entire screen!!!!

This little DLP @#[email protected]#er is going back! Bring on the screen door and turn the lights back on, I'm LCD bound!

hehehe...

-Dave (a pre Dell frenzy LT150 advocate)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
THE cure for rainbows are screendoors.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've spent about 20 hours in front of my LT150, and last night I finally saw a rainbow. It was during a dark scene in "Ben Hur", when I turned on the subtitles. The subtitle appeared, surrounded by the rainbow effect for a fraction of a second. This is some sort of transient visual anomaly. It is not something you can capture by pausing the DVD.

I tried to duplicate this with MI2, a DVD with a reputation for being rainbow-prone. I jacked up the contrast and started violently shaking my head, but no rainbow! However, my head hurts now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This thread made me think of a funny scene from South Park:

Stan: Yeah, what's there to hate about rainbows?

Cartman: Well you know... You'll just be sitting there, minding your own business, and they'll come marching in, and crawl up your leg, and start biting the inside of your a$$. And you'll be all like, "Hey get out of my a$$ you stupid rainbows!"

Thanks for indulging me...

Chris

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
ROTFL

FUNNY

------------------

G15 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

NHT, velodyne & bag end speaker systems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.