AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and need some help. I am looking to update/upgrade my AV receiver.

Looking to spend between 400-500 but am clueless as to what brands are "good". I currently have a very old ONKYO. I have a 5.1 at this point and don't forecast really needing a 7.1 at any point in the next 5-8 years.

Would like something with about 4 HDMI in's and network compatible (pandora, etc.).

That said i have a few questions below:

1.) Is up convert technology relevant if I have DISH through an HDMI?

2.) Is analog conversion relevant then also? (not entirely sure when these would come into play)

I have had my eye on a Denon E300 but wasn't sure if there are better brands out there. My entertainment room is not very large so I shy away from something huge and expensive. I hear Yamaha also provides a good product?

Forgive me if I am asking ridiculous questions but i want to be sure I choose something that is worth 400-500 that would have some flexibility down the road, if required.

Thanks to any who can help!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I had an old Onkyo to, a tx sr 502 that is 6.1. Looked around at the market and found an online retailer that is an Onkyo, Denon and Marantz dealer, accessories4less.com . I got a 515 from them and it's a great deal. AVR's are a deferent world from what I had and if you do decide to upgrade get the 7.1 as it works just as will as a 5.1 and you never know when you may want to add speakers or replace them all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.