AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a listening rm 18x36 w/8ftceilings..its located on one side of the basement.

Was looking for some help/suggestions which components are more important to upgrade for a stereo system upgrade?

(ex..Is it more important to have a better upgrade in speakers than better receiver and or better turntable than a receiver?Should I just upgrade my phono cartridge or keep receievr and get amplifier or integrated amp (dont know how they work/differences)

I listen to allot of vinyl and cd's.In vinyl listening I am looking for that nice clear/loud sound w/out spending $10k...want something that really enhances the vinyl (and cd's) sound that its meant to sound like.

I have a $1k/$1,500 budget no more then $500 on EACH components and speakers.

I currently have:

-Sony PS-LX300 USB turntable

-Technics SA-EX140 60hz/155w Receiver

-Bose 201 iv series

After researching stuff I was looking at these to get. What do you think and or do recommend something else?

1)-Turntable:

Pro-Ject III debut turntable or Music Hall MMF-5 or Rega P3

....Or keep my Sony turntable and just upgrade my cartridge or dont do anything?other

2) Upgrade my Receiver

-Yamaha A-S500......looking for a built in Amp for more sound in my receiver

or get an AMP (dont know 2 much about them) and keep my receiver?

3) Speakers..had a couple in mind:

-EPOS - ELS-8 BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS

-WHARFEDALE - DIAMOND 10.1 BOOKSHELF SPEAKER

-Usher S520

-Bowers & Wilkins 685

-Cambridge Audio S30

-Also what CD player is good to get under $500 that enhances the sound?

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
You might get more responses and better advice if you post in the "2 channel audio" forum.

Conventional wisdom is to put most of your budget into speakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.