AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd appreciate your advice on a projector recommendation for a throw of approximately 9 to 10 feet (front of lens to screen). I've narrowed the field to the Sony VPL-HW40ES and BenQ W1070 based on recommendations written here and elsewhere. The throw distance seems slightly beyond "short throw" and perhaps too close for standard throw projectors.

Seating distance to the screen will be 10 feet as well. I'd much prefer the Sony as I can purchase at a significant discount (using Sony points). Projectorcentral limits the screen size at 9.5' to 96" for the Sony. With the BenQ W1070, looks like I can go to a 106" screen. For content, I'll be watching mostly movies and sports programming.

Would I expect any image issues with the Sony at such a short distance, given that it's the absolute shortest throw recommended for that screen size at projectorcentral? Wondering if the image would be too bright, or blurred at it's minimum recommended throw.

I'd appreciate any info provided on these two projectors from a 9-10' throw distance (any perceived pros/cons). Thanks for your help on this one.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.