AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I apologize for yelling HELP lol but my walls are getting closed in tomorrow in my new media room.

I have a Pioneer elite SC 05 receiver/Hi-Def Bell Express VU Satellite box/PS3/Apple T.V that's going to be hidden away in another room away from my Elite plasma and my remote is a Harmony 1000.

Do I need a IR sensor and IR repeater plugged into the Elite SC-05 receiver to control everything? It's not very clear in the manual on how to accomplish this or if it can even be done.

Any advice or recommendations appreciated

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anything that does not have line of sight to your remote will need to be controlled via the Harmony RF extender or some third party IR repeater.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
You'll need to purchase the RF extender or IR repeater. The 1000 does not come with an RF extender, but the 890 does.

If you want the Harmony's RF base to control the TV you'll need to run a cable to it. A CAT5 cable will do the trick, you'll just have to splice both ends. Otherwise you'll have to point your remote at the TV when you are sending a signal to it. With 100% RF you don't have to do any pointing so there is much less room for error.

Sorry to hear that you'll be using the 1000. Maybe trade it in for the fixed version (1100)?

Also, how do you plan on controlling the PS3?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts